View Kingstowne-Rose Hill 2/15 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 13 from the Franconia Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Robbery (blue on map), 6:30 p.m., Feb. 9, 5900 block of Kingstowne Center, A 15-year-old boy was approached by a young man who asked for money for a bus. The man allegedly grabbed the victim’s wallet and attempted to flee. The victim and a bystander were able to detain the suspect until officers arrived. Steven Johnson, 19, of Springfield, was charged with robbery.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Graffiti (purple on map), 8:25 a.m., Feb. 7, 6600 block of High Valley Lane, A resident reported a playground had been spray painted. The homeowner association was notified to clean the graffiti.
Man Struck by Train in North Springfield Area (red on map), On Thursday, February 7, police responded to a report of a 64-year-old man struck by a train west of the Backlick Road overpass. Around 7 p.m. an Amtrak train was travelling west just west of the Backlick Road overpass, when it struck and killed Richard Anderson of the North Springfield area.
Robbery (blue on map), 9 p.m., Feb. 12, 5100 block of Knickerbocker Drive, A 23-year-old man made a purchase at a convenience store and an acquaintance offered him a ride home. In the car, the acquaintance and two other passengers brandished knives and demanded money from the victim. The victim received minor injuries and the suspects fled with cash.
Burglary (yellow on map), 3:45 p.m., Feb. 1, 5400 block of Mittendorff Lane, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
Burglary (yellow on map), 2:30 p.m., Feb. 13, 5500 block of Burgundy Place, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several items to include clothing. Forced entry was made through a window.
Larcenies (green on map):
- 6800 block of Hill Park Drive, stainless steel from business
- 5800 block of Kingstowne Boulevard, wallet from business
- 6300 block of Springfield Plaza, car seat from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
Editor's Note: Some incidents in this week's crime blotter have been covered previously by Patch editors. For those stories, Patch has provided a link to the previous story.
See More on Patch
- Police: Burglary Reported on Spring Garden Drive
- Police: Graffiti Incident, Larcenies Reported in the Kingstowne Area
- Police: Fire Department Responds to False Fire Report, Officers Charge Lorton Woman with DWI
- Daily Crime Reports: Graffiti Incidents, Larcenies and a Stolen Car
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Assaulted After Verbal Exchange with Suspect
Most Popular articles
- 2013 Brood II Cicada Invasion: Have You Seen Any?
- Springfield FBI Headquarters: GSA Expected to Start Soliciting Proposals This Summer
- Police: Burglary Reported at Springfield Mall
- Hayfield Elementary School Secured Wednesday After Report of Suspicious Man in Surrounding Area
- Speak Out: Wegmans, Hilltop Village Center Retail Options