Desiree Street Townhouse Fire Ruled Accidental
The fire began around 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17. There were no injuries.
The townhouse fire at 7749 Desiree Street on Nov. 17 has been ruled accidental by the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.
According to a news release, the fire was caused by “improperly discarded smoking materials on the rear deck."
Damage to the home is estimated at $165,000 and the release further states that two adults were displaced. The family declined Red Cross support.
The fire started around 8:10 a.m. Upon arriving on the scene, the release states firefighters “encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the top two floors and attic of the middle unit”. It took 20 minutes to contain the fire and keep it from spreading to the adjoining townhouse next door.