Virginia residents have donated more than $19.6 million directly presidential candidates this election cycle, with a lot of those donations coming from Northern Virginia.
President Barack Obama has received more than $9.2 million from voters, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has received more than $8.1 million. The remainder—about $2.3 million—went to candidates no longer in the race, including Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich, and political parties.
The data in the tool above is directly from the Federal Election Commission based on campaign reports through June 30, 2012.
Notes on the data: This data was updated in October 2012 to reflect donations based on campaign reports through Aug. 31, 2012. The data has not been cleaned up in any way and appears as it does through the Federal Elections Commission website.
It does not include donations to the political parties or to political action committees—just individual donations to individual campaigns. The contributor's address listed is the address the contributor gave.
See More on Patch
- GOP Nominee: Planned Parenthood 'More Lethal' than Ku Klux Klan
- Full Text of Ken Cuccinelli Speech to GOP Convention
- Lt. Gov. Race: Democrat Aneesh Chopra Wants to Reverse TRAP Regulations, Ultrasound Bill, Voter I.D. Laws
- Virginia GOP Convention Over Primary: Good Move?
- Gubernatorial Candidate McAuliffe Delivers Signatures to Election Board
Most Popular articles
- Springfield FBI Headquarters: GSA Expected to Start Soliciting Proposals This Summer
- 2013 Brood II Cicada Invasion: Have You Seen Any?
- Hayfield Elementary School Secured Wednesday After Report of Suspicious Man in Surrounding Area
- Metropolitan Fine Arts to Relocate to Hilltop Village Center Next Year
- Telegraph Road Being Reconstructed in Preparation for Hilltop Village Center