Giant Expecting Increase in Business Tuesday Afternoon
Customers will be dropping by on their way home from work to shop for winter storm items.
With the winter storm on its way, many residents will visit their local grocery stores to pick up staple items such as water, batteries and bread.
If forecasters are correct, Kingstowne could be seeing about 5 inches of snow on Wednesday. Some predictions are that the snow will be that wet and heavy kind which could mean power outages.
Giant Foods' Jamie Miller, manager of public and community relations, said the stores have been seeing customers in the region coming in to buy these items since Monday and they saw a steady flow of traffic Tuesday.
Miller also said business in the areas that will be affected by the storm will see a spike in business between 4-7 p.m. Tuesday because many customers will stop by to pick up materials on their way home from work.
Here's a shopping list of other items that will help keep you going that require neither cold nor heat to keep and prepare:
- Peanut butter or similar nut spreads and preserves (jellies, jams)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Juices (particularly those that are not commonly found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket).
- Breads, muffins, bagels, tortillas
- Dry cereal or granola
- Powdered or canned milk
- Protein bars and protein shakes, such as Ensure.