Metro Cancels Tuesday Night Track Work
Metro has cancelled track work in order to prepare for Wednesday morning's commute.
Metro announced Tuesday afternoon that all previously announced evening track work for Tuesday evening has been canceled.
The cancellation will allow personnel to focus on clearing snow from tracks, platforms, parking lots and walkways in preparation for Wednesday morning's opening, according to a release sent by Metro.
Metro has snow-related service information available on its website at wmata.com/snow. There, customers can find information and maps showing pre-planned Metrobus route adjustments that may be necessary tomorrow due to road conditions.
Metro urges customers to sign up for MetroAlerts email and text messages for up-to-the-minute information about weather-related service changes on Metrobus or Metrorail. To sign up, visit wmata.com/metroalerts.
Here's how you can stay informed for Wednesday's commute:
• Sign up for MetroAlerts for your bus or rail lines.
• Follow Metro on Twitter @wmata.
• Visit wmata.com before you start your trip.
• Call the Metro Customer Information Center at 202-637-7000.
• Listen to radio or television traffic reports.
Metro has offered the following winter travel tips:
• Before you start your trip, find out how Metro is serving your area and don't let yourself get stranded once you're out.
• Dress warmly. You may be outside longer than normal.
• Do not stand in the street while waiting for a bus.
• Use extreme caution when walking on exposed surfaces, including parking lots and station platforms. Never run for a bus or train.
• Report any unsafe conditions to a Metro employee.