View Kingstowne 1/4 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Jan. 2 from the Franconia Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (red on map), 8:50 p.m., Jan. 1, 6500 block of John Thomas Drive, A 16-year-old boy was walking to a friend’s house when a white, four-door vehicle pulled up behind him. The passenger and driver yelled at the teen then fired a BB gun toward him. The victim was not injured. The type of vehicle was unknown.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Police Charge Woodbridge Man with Rape and Robbery (yellow on map), Fairfax County Police have charged 24-year-old Joshua T. Franklin of Woodbridge with two counts of armed robbery and two counts of forcible rape following an incident at a Springfield-area hotel.
Robbery (blue on map), 1:50 a.m., Dec. 29, 6500 Springfield Mall, A 23-year-old man reported he was robbed at gunpoint by another man in the mall’s parking lot. His wallet was taken.
Larcenies (green on map):
- 6400 block of Birchleigh Circle, GPS from vehicle
- 6500 block of Franconia Road, cell phone from business
- 6500 block of Frontier Drive, wallet from business
- 5900 block of Kingstowne Towne Center, bottle of liquor from business
- 6000 block of Mersey Oaks Way, wallet from business
- 6100 block of Rose Hill Drive, groceries from business
- 6200 block of Wills Street, Christmas decorations from residence
Vehicle Thefts (purple on map):
- 6500 block of Franconia Road, 2004 Chevy
Editor's Note: Patch editors previously reported on some of the incidents included in this week's crime blotter. For those incidents, Patch has provided a link to past coverage.
See More on Patch
- Police: Burglar Steals Piggy Bank from Home on Essex Avenue
- Police: Graffiti Incident, Larcenies Reported in the Kingstowne Area
- Weekly Crime Report: Police Search for Peeping Tom Near Clermont Drive
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Assaulted After Verbal Exchange with Suspect
- Crime Blotter: Springfield Man Charged with Robbery