View Kingstowne 12/7 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 5 from the Franconia Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (blue on map), 1:35 a.m., 12/1/12, 6200 block of Backlick Road, A man and woman engaged in a verbal confrontation with two suspects. The suspects exited the store and waited for the man to exit. They assaulted him causing injuries to his face. He was transported to the hospital. One suspect was described as a black man 30 to 40 years old.
Burglary (red on map), 6:20 p.m., 11/30/12, 7300 block of Mallory Circle, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash. There were no signs of forced entry.
Assault (blue on map), 11:20 p.m., 12/1/12, 6000 block of Stoddard Court, Officers were called for man who allegedly was stabbed by his girlfriend. The victim was transported with non life-threatening injuries. Veronica Campbell, 29, of Alexandria, was charged with malicious wounding.
Burglary (red on map), 7:35 a.m., 12/2/12, 6500 block of Summerton Way, A resident reported someone entered his home and stole wallets and computer equipment. Entry was made with a spare key found in an unsecured vehicle.
Assault (blue on map), 12:40 p.m., 12/4/12, Abilene Street/Cimarron Street, A 17-year-old victim reported she was assaulted while walking on the sidewalk. The case is still under investigation. This event is not believed to be connected with series of assaults in the Springfield area.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 6000 block of Amherst Avenue - cell phone from vehicle
- 6100 block of Burnett Street - watches from vehicles
- 6600 block of Comet Circle - package from residence
- 6600 block of Forsythia Street - purse from vehicle
- 5800 block of Kingstowne Center - cell phone from business
- 5800 block of La Vista Drive - drills and nail gun from vehicle
- 6800 block of Springfield Boulevard - cash from business
- 6200 block of Walkers Croft Way - cash from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (green on map):
- 6100 block of Franconia Road - Ford E-150
- 6100 block of Franconia Road - 1998 Mazda
See More on Patch
- Police: Burglar Steals Piggy Bank from Home on Essex Avenue
- Police: Larcenies and Stolen Vehicles Reported in Kingstowne Area
- Police: Springfield Man Arrested for Burglary
- Weekly Crime Report: Police Search for Peeping Tom Near Clermont Drive
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Assaulted After Verbal Exchange with Suspect
Most Popular articles
- Springfield FBI Headquarters: GSA Expected to Start Soliciting Proposals This Summer
- Telegraph Road Being Reconstructed in Preparation for Hilltop Village Center
- Metropolitan Fine Arts to Relocate to Hilltop Village Center Next Year
- Top 21: School Lockdown, Abortion Doc Sentenced, 'Love Your Show, Babe,' and Plate of Cicadas and a Glass of Wine?
- Hayfield Elementary School Secured Wednesday After Report of Suspicious Man in Surrounding Area