On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Jan. 16 from the Franconia Police District of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Graffiti (purple on map), 2:20 p.m., Jan. 10, Kingstowne Village Parkway/Rachael Whitney Lane, A resident reported graffiti in the area. Officers are contacting the owners to have it removed.
Graffiti (purple on map), 2:15 p.m., Jan. 11, 7500 block of Thomas Grant Drive, Spray painted words were found by a resident on a Virginia Power power box. Arrangements have been made to remove it.
Graffiti (purple on map), 4:30 p.m., Jan. 13, Burgundy Road/East Drive, Graffiti was found on the sound and “jersey” wall. Notifications were made to clean the walls.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Robbery (blue on map), 6:30 p.m., Jan. 10, 6500 block of Lee Valley Drive, A 39-year-old woman was walking home when she was pushed by a male suspect. He took her purse and walked away with a female suspect. The male was described as white, possibly Hispanic, approximately 20-35 years old, 5’10” to 6’ tall, and 150-180 lbs. The female was described as white, possibly Hispanic, approximately 20-35 years old, 5’4” to 5’7” tall, and 120-140 lbs.
Burglary (red on map), 12:30 a.m., Jan. 13, 5700 block of General Washington Drive, Officers responded for an alarm and found a business had been broken into. Forced entry was made through a front door. It is unclear if anything was stolen.
Burglary (red on map), 10 p.m., Jan. 11, 5900 block of Highdale Circle, A neighbor heard glass break and looked out her window. She called police and provided a description. Michael Burgess, 51, of Alexandria, was located and charged with burglary and grand larceny.
Burglary (red on map), 11:50 p.m., Jan. 14, 5800 block of Norton Road, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole a laptop computer. Forced entry was made through a side door.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 5900 block of Highdale Circle, airbag from vehicle
- 5900 block of Highdale Circle, cell phone and steering wheel from vehicle
- 5900 block of Kingstowne Village Parkway, server from business
- 6600 block of Comet Circle, cell phone from business
- 5900 block of Coverdale Way, airbag from vehicle
- 6500 block of Frontier Drive, cosmetic items from business
- 6500 block of Frontier Drive, wallet from vehicle
- 6600 block of Greenleigh Lane, laptop computer and credit cards from vehicle
- 6400 block of Loisdale Road, cell phone from business
- 8100 block of Loisdale Road, copper piping from construction site
- 7100 block of Old Keene Mill Road, several mugs from business
- 6000 block of Rock Cliff Lane, four tires from vehicle
- 6400 block of Windham Avenue, cell phone from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (pink on map):
- 5600 block of Vine Street, 1996 Jeep
See More on Patch
- Police: Burglar Steals Piggy Bank from Home on Essex Avenue
- Police: Graffiti Incident, Larcenies Reported in the Kingstowne Area
- Daily Crime Reports: Graffiti Incidents, Larcenies and a Stolen Car
- Daily Crime Report: Graffiti Incident Reported on Floyd Avenue
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Assaulted After Verbal Exchange with Suspect