Weekend Planner: Flamenco Guitar, Golf, Groundhogs and More
Fun things to do this weekend: Friday, Feb. 1-Sunday, Feb. 3.
The weekend is finally here and it's time to get out and have a little fun. Here's a mix of events from around the area:
- Where: Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly
- When: Friday, noon to 7 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Everything golf — resorts to accessories to fashion — under one roof.
- Price: $10 adults; free for ages 11 and younger
- Where: Hidden Pond Nature Center, Springfield
- When: Friday, 4:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Discover local animals and their habitats. For ages 5 years and 11 months to 11 years and one month.
- Price: $6 in-county/$8 out of county (Register ahead)
- Where: George Mason University Center for the Arts
- When: Friday, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Named the “Best Flamenco Guitarist” by America’s Guitar for five consecutive years, Peña brings his troupe of brilliant flamenco musicians and dancers to the Center for a tour through the history of flamenco.
- Price: $23-$46 per person
- Where: Washington Convention Center
- When: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 10
- Why Go: Explore more than 700 new makes and models from more than 42 manufacturers.
- Price: $12 Adults; children 6-12, $5; children 5 and younger FREE
- Where: 4603 Green Spring Road
- When: Saturday, 12:30-4 p.m.
- Why Go: Seventh annual event sponsored by Washington Gardener magazine features speakers, goody bags and seed exchange.
- Price: $15/$10 for magazine subscribers; register here
- Where: Hidden Oaks Nature Center, 7701 Royce St., Annandale
- When: Saturday, 1:45 p.m.
- Why Go: Costumed characters, Willard and Mother Nature as they entertainingly discuss nature's true weather forecasters.
- Price: $5 in-county/$7 others; ages 3 years and 11 months and older
Know of more fun events taking place around town? Tell us about it in the comments box below.