Crews will close access to and from Telegraph Road and Lenore Lane and North Kings Highway and Huntington Avenue for paving operations Wednesday night. The road closures will begin at 9 p.m. and paving will start at 10 p.m., according to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project Office.
The paving operation is part of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project. Roads reopen at 5 a.m. Thursday. Signs will be posted with local detours during the road closure.
Other road closures this week:
- Mill Road will be closed in both directions between Stovall Street and Telegraph Road from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct, 24-26. Motorists should use Eisenhower Avenue; detour signs will be posted.
- There will be double lane closures on both Telegraph Road North and South between the Beltway and Farmington Road, Oct. 24-25.
- From 9 p.m. Oct. 25 to 5 a.m. Oct. 26, the ramps from Duke Street East and West to Telegraph Road South will be closed. Detours: Eastbound motorists should take U.S. Route 1 South to Huntington Avenue West to Telegraph Road South. Westbound motorists should take Van Dorn Street South to the Outer Loop to the ramp to Telegraph Road South.
- The ramps from U.S. Route 1 North and South to the Inner Loop LOCAL lanes will be closed Friday night until Monday, Oct. 29 at 5 a.m. Detour: Motorists should use the access ramps to the THRU lanes.
- The Inner Loop LOCAL will be narrowed to one lane between U.S. Route 1 and Telegraph Road, starting Friday night until Monday at 5 a.m. Motorists should use the THRU lanes if possible.
- The Inner Loop exit ramp to Telegraph Road North and Eisenhower Avenue will be closed from Friday night until 5 a.m., Oct. 29. Motorists should use the Eisenhower Connector exit; detour signs will be posted. Drivers are asked to use caution when traveling in this area.
All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability.