- Shovel small amounts of snow at a time.
- Push the snow instead of lifting where possible.
- Use proper form if lifting is necessary: keeping your back straight and lift with your legs.
- If you have a history of heart disease do not shovel without your doctor’s okay.
- Avoid shoveling under snow and ice covered trees and roof lines due to possibly falling limbs, ice and snow.
- Take breaks while shoveling and do not overexert yourself, especially if you are inactive or over 40.
- Dress in layers and wear warm clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Watch where you are walking, even a little bit of snow can hide curbs and uneven walkways.
- Take off your boots or use a floor mat when you go back inside to avoid making floors slippery and hazardous.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something