The Metro stations at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn are closed this weekend. The Metro system is rebuilding the Blue Line and that work will continue until the Metro system closes on Sunday. The work started at 10 p.m. Friday. The stations will be open Monday morning.
Important information about how you can still get around:
- Buses will replace Blue Line trains at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street stations (to allow for VDOT bridge work and track upgrades.) Both stations will be closed until Monday morning.
- Blue Line trains will operate to/from Huntington Station throughout the weekend.
- Shuttle bus connections will take place at Eisenhower Avenue Station, where Blue and Yellow line service will be available. Free shuttle buses will operate in a loop between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn Street and Eisenhower Avenue stations.
- In addition, Blue Line trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow platform rehabilitation, tile work and station dome repairs.
- Blue Line trains will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time, except those customers using shuttle bus service, who should allow 30 minutes of additional travel time.
Tip from Metro: Customers who normally park at Franconia-Springfield or Van Dorn Street should consider using Huntington Station instead.