Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department responded to a call at Morning Dew Court around 2:15 p.m. Friday where fire investigators now say an electrical panel started a house fire, according to a recent news release.
The electrician who was sent to the Burn Center at Washington Hospital Center after a circuit breaker he was working on exploded sustained non-life threatening injuries.
When fire and rescue units arrived, firefighters encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the bottom level and through the roof of the two-story split level home along with strong and gusty winds while conducting an aggressive fire attack.
A second alarm was called due to the heavy wind conditions and the rapid spreading of fire, bringing more than 60 firefighters to the scene. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to get the fire under control, according to the news release.
Two adults and two children were displaced by the fire. Firefighters rescued six dogs from the home. However one dog perished in the fire. According to the news release, the home was a complete loss and the side of an adjacent home received minor fire damage.