The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department responded to a report of a house fire around 7:35 p.m. Monday in the 3000 block of Marl Pat Drive.
The department arrived on scene around 7:41 p.m., according to the Fire and Rescue Public Information Office.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they observed fire coming from the roof of the home.
The fire department determined that the fire started in the washing machine area, and the fire briefly rekindled at about 8:26 p.m. when the machine fell over, according to the public information office.
Firefighters were able to stabilize the situation at about 8:28 p.m., and no injuries were reported.
The public information office said a citizen made the call and no one was in the home at the time of the fire.