.

Firefighters Battle Early-Morning Blaze at Macaroni Grill

Fire causes estimated $300,000 damage, authorities say. Restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed.

No one was in the restaurant when the fire broke out. The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed. There were no injuries. Patch archive photo
No one was in the restaurant when the fire broke out. The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed. There were no injuries. Patch archive photo

A fire that struck in the early hours Wednesday has shut down Kingstowne's Macaroni Grill restaurant.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to the restaurant fire Wednesday at approximately 2:45 a.m., in Kingstowne. The restaurant, Macaroni Grill, is located at 5925 Kingstowne Towne Center.

Firefighters encountered light smoke and sounding fire alarms upon arrival. As smoke conditions worsened, firefighters discovered fire within the duct exhaust system above the pizza oven in the kitchen area. 

The path of the fire had traveled through the duct work and extended into the ceiling and roof area. Despite finding it difficult to access the fire because of the extensive duct work, firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 70 minutes. 

No one was in the restaurant when the fire broke out. The restaurant will be closed until repairs are completed. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $300,000.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. Grease in the ductwork caused the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »