Here are the incidents that were included in the Franconia District Crime Summary for the week of July 22-28:
Early on the morning of Monday, July 23, a woman living in the 6900 block of Ellingham Circle woke up at approximately 4:30 a.m. to see a man peering in her window, his face pressed to the glass.
The woman reported she had seen a man earlier looking into her window during the day. She's not sure if it was the same man.
The man is described as wearing light-colored clothing with a light-colored baseball cap. He fled when he knew he was seen.
Although there have been other reports of peeping incidents nearby, police are unsure if the cases are related, according to FCPD spokeswoman Officer Lucy Caldwell.
Another case of illegal peeping was
More crime news:
Police Service Area 610
- Larceny, 5700 Block of BACKLICK RD 7/22/12. A bicycle was stolen. A suspect in possession of the bike was quickly apprehended.
- Larceny, 6400 Block of BACKLICK RD, 7/23/12. Three individuals shoplifted.
- Larceny, 5900 Block of HANOVER AVE, 7/24/12. A lawnmower was stolen from an unsecured backyard.
- Destruction, 6000 Block of LORETTO ST, 7/24/12. A vehicle window was shattered by a bb.
- Destruction, 7600 Block of HIGHLAND ST, 7/25/12. A vehicle window was shattered by a bb.
- Larceny, 5900 Block of AMHERST AVE, 7/25/12. The lock of a vehicle was punched; the stereo and other items were stolen.
- Larceny, 7400 Block of GRACE ST, 7/25/12. A work van had its locks punched and tools were stolen.
- Burglary, 6500 Block of AMHERST AVE, 7/25/12. A business was broken into; computers were stolen.
- Burglary, 7000 Block of BROOKFIELD PLZ, 7/25/12. Three businesses were broken into; computers and cash were stolen.
- Larceny, 6100 Block of AUGUSTA DR, 7/27/12. A work truck was broken into and power tools were stolen.
- Fraud, 6300 Block of SPRINGFIELD PZ, 7/28/12. A stolen credit card was used by two subjects.
- Fraud, 6400 Block of BACKLICK RD, 7/28/12. A stolen credit card was used.
Police Service Area 620
- Larceny, 5900 Block of WESTCHESTER ST, 7/22/12. Two unlocked vehicles were entered. Credit cards and cash were stolen.
- Larceny, 6400 Block of SPRINGFIELD MALL, 7/22/12. A vehicle was entered and an iPhone was stolen.
- Destruction, 6500 Block of LIGNUM ST, 7/23/12. A ‘smoke bomb’ was placed in mailbox.
- Vehicle Theft, 5800 Block of IRON WILLOW CT, 7/23/12. A scooter that had been stolen nearby was located in this area.
- Vehicle Trespass, 4500 Block of PICOT RD, 7/23/12. Unlocked vehicle was entered and items were moved around.
- Fraud, 6800 Block of METROPOLITAN CENTER DR, 7/24/12. A resident complained that an unknown suspect in Texas opened a credit card account with her Social Security number.
- Drugs, 6400 Block of FRANCONIA RD, 7/25/12. Following a traffic stop a subject was found to be in possession of drugs.
- Destruction, EAST DR/ELMWOOD DR, 7/26/12. Graffiti was spray painted on a wall.
- Drugs, BEULAH ST/WALKER LN, 7/26/12. Following a traffic stop a subject was found to be in possession of marijuana.
- Drugs, 5600 Block of S. VAN DORN ST, 7/28/12. Following a traffic stop a subject was found to be in possession of marijuana.
- Larceny, 6100 Block of FRANCONIA RD, 7/28/12. Shoplifting.
- Fraud, 5800 Block of LANE DR, 7/28/12. A resident reported that a credit card still in their possession, had been used online by an unknown subject.
- Larceny, 6100 Block of FRANCONIA RD 7/28/12. Emblem stolen from a vehicle.
Police Service Area 630
- Weapon, EASTCHESTER CIR/ROSE HILL DR, 7/22/12. An individual was accidentally shot in the leg near this location.
- Larceny, 6600 Block of TELEGRAPH RD, 7/22/12. A purse was stolen from a vehicle; credit cards were used.
- Larceny, 7500 Block of TELEGRAPH RD, 7/23/12. A vehicle was found to have stolen license plates on it.
- Larceny, 5700 Block of KINGSTOWNE BLVD, 7/24/12. Shoplifting.
- Auto Theft, 6000 Block of PALLADIUM CT, 7/24/12. A motorcycle was stolen.
- Larceny, 6000 Block of ROSE HILL DR, 7/25/12. During a consensual stop a subject was found to be in possession of a stolen cell phone.
- Destruction, 6600 Block of NETTIES LN, 7/25/12. The front and rear tires of a vehicle were spray painted.
- Destruction, 8300 Block of STATIONHOUSE CT, 7/25/12. A vehicle was keyed.
- Drugs, 6200 Block of ROSE HILL CT, 7/26/12. An officer observed a subject smoking marijuana in a vehicle.
- Weapon, 6100 Block of ROSE HILL DR, 7/26/12. During a consensual stop a subject was found to be in possession of a concealed machete.
- Drugs, JOHN THOMAS DR/PERCETHONY CT, 7/27/12. Subjects reported to be trying car door handles in the middle of the night were stopped and found to be in possession of marijuana.
- Larceny, 6100 Block of ROSE HILL DR, 7/28/12. An unattended purse was stolen from a shopping cart.
- Fraud, 7400 Block of GILLINGHAM ROW, 7/28/12. A resident received calls from credit card companies in reference to pending applications which she did not complete.
- Larceny, 6000 Block of STODDARD CT, 7/28/12. A customer failed to pay their cab fare.
- Drugs, 7500 Block of THOMAS GRANT DR, 7/28/12. When responding to a noise complaint an officer came into contact with subjects leaving a party in possession of marijuana.
Editor’s Note: This information was obtained from the Crime Summary Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office (PIO). The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. Please click here for a map of Police Service Areas.