Thar she blows! Today, Thursday, Sept. 19, you can throw an “Arrr!” at everyone you meet with International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
The last day of summer is Saturday, Sept. 21. Or, you can look at it this way: The first day of fall is Sept. 22. Patch has found something for you to do each day as we count down until summer passes us by.
Check our events calendar to see what’s happening in our community, and add your own events!
Talk Like a Pirate Day celebrates the fun phrases and cool threads of the high seas of ol’.
The Chinn Park Regional Library in Woodbridge will be hosting a free Talk Like a Pirate Day event at 4 p.m. at 13065 Chinn Park Drive. Children in the 1st grade and up will learn how to talk like a pirate and possibly find some treasure, too.
At Krispy Kreme today, you can pilfer tons of free doughnuts. First, a pirate phrase will get you a free doughnut. But pirates in costume are going to get a dozen free doughnuts. Here is all the details on how to get the free Krispy Kreme booty. Locations are at 6332 Richmond Highway in Alexandria and 1891 Carl D. Silver Parkway in Fredericksburg.
Long John Silvers will be giving away a free piece of classic Whitefish when you say “Arrr.” Locations include 4301 Dale Blvd., Dale City; 7049 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church; and 1699 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg.
What’s your favorite pirate phrase? Share it in the comments section below.
More Days of Summer:
- 24 Days of Summer: Time Enough for Free Music
- 23 Days of Summer: Time for Campfire S’Mores
- 22 Days of Summer: Time for Free Jazz and Blues
- 21 Days of Summer: Time for an Outdoor Movie
- 20 Days of Summer: Time for Labor Day Festivals
- 19 Days of Summer: Time for a Bike Ride
- 18 Days of Summer: Time for Outdoor Exercise
- 17 Days of Summer: Time for a Cheap Wagon Ride
- 16 Days of Summer: Time for a Free, Very Cool Rocket Launch
- 15 Days of Summer: Time for Your Dog to Dive in the Pool
- 14 Days of Summer: Time for Free Date Night With Harry and Sally
- 13 Days of Summer: Time for Monday Night Football
- 12 Days of Summer: Time for an 80s Flashback With Depeche Mode
- 11 Days of Summer: Time for 9/11 Commemorations in Virginia
- 10 Days of Summer: Time for Milking Cows and Feeding Farm Animals
- 9 Days of Summer: Time for Riverbank Fishing (or DIY Fishing Tall Tales)
- 8 Days of Summer: Time to Watch Fire Eating and Sword Swallowing
- 7 Days of Summer: Time for a Free Broadway Concert
- 6 Days of Summer: Time for Free Outdoor Yoga
- 5 Days of Summer: Time for Paddleboating on the Tidal Basin
- 4 Days of Summer: Time for a Free Visit to the Zoo