- It's time for a delicious DC-area summer tradition: Summer 2013 Restaurant Week starts Monday. More than 200 restaurants in the greater Washington area are participating, including Falls Church’s 2941 Restaurant, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Open Kitchen and Pizzeria Orso. Participating restaurants will offer three-course meals for a set price — $20.13 for lunch or $35.13 for dinner.
- MPAT is proud to present FAME - THE MUSICAL a high-energy musical based on the hit motion picture and television series. Set during the last years of New York City's celebrated High School for the Performing Arts on 46th Street (1980-1984), FAME is the bittersweet but ultimately inspiring story of a diverse group of students as they commit to four years of grueling artistic and academic work.
- Stop by the Kingstowne Farmers Market from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday in the Giant parking lot in Kingstowne for your local produce and goods.
- Calling all artists, craft sellers and food vendors! Be a part of the inaugural Northern Virginia Community College Fall Festival and Car Show scheduled forOct. 12. The festival is inviting community organizations, arts and crafts sellers and food vendors to participate. Space must be reserved by Sept. 11. For more information, call 703-257-6558 or email email@example.com.
- Heads up Mount Vernon Trail hikers, bikers and walkers. NRG Energy will perform maintenance on the Mount Vernon Trail directly behind the closed former GenOn plant at 1400 Royal St. in Old Town Alexandria, beginning Monday Aug. 19 thru Sept. 6. If possible, pedestrians, runners and bicyclists should use the alternate trail located in front of the plant that runs along Bashford Lane and East Abingdon and meets the Mount Vernon Trail north of the plant.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something