Cameron Elementary School
"The Quality of Future Starts Here," Cameron Elementary School's motto, is upheld through a well-rounded curriculum and a wide variety of programs for students both before and after school. These programs include English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Young Scholars and a daily televised news program produced by students. A Title 1 school, Cameron students and staff take pride in the diverse community.
- Hours: Bell Schedule: Mon, 9:10am - 1:20pm; Tue - Fri, 9:10am - 3:50pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 506
- Male-to-female ratio: 47:53
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 49
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has a business partnership with the Women's Club of Springfield and sponsors student-teachers from Marymount University and George Mason University.
- What makes this community special?: Students have the opportunity to uphold and care for animals in the Cameron Courtyard, a garden that is home to rabbits, chickens and goats.
- Grade levels: Kindergarten - Sixth Grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Morning News Team, Courage to Care Choir, Band & Strings
- Student clubs: Chess Team, Jump Rope Club