Clermont Elementary School is located on Clermont Drive, less than a mile from Franconia Road. It provides its students with an excellent start to their educations through a variety of courses, programs and extracurricular activities. The school's C.A.R.E. Character Education Program -- C.A.R.E. stands for Cooperation, Acceptance, Responsibility and Effort -- instills good traits in Clermont Eagles at an early age. Clermont also features advanced academic programs, a Chinese Foreign Language in the Elementary School (FLES) program, and a partnership with Lee District Rec Center to promote fitness and healthy lifestyles. Clermont also invests in technology in order to prepare children for the future; students and teachers integrate technology into the curriculum with Smartboards, classroom computers, and digital and mobile labs.
- Fax: 703-921-2497
- Hours: Mon, 8:50am - 1pm; Tues - Fri, 8:50am - 3:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking and the door is level with the street
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited.
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Partnering with the Lee District REC Center, parents and children participate in Fall and Spring fitness events. Clermont's chorus also performs at community events during the year, and the school is home to an enthusiastic and active PTA.
- What makes this community special?: Since 2001, Clermont Elementary School has featured Ernie's Eagle Nest, a learning garden complete with a frog pond and herb garden. Students, teachers and parent volunteers participate in the garden's upkeep.
- Grade levels: Kindergarten - Sixth Grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, chorus, key club, patrol, strings, student council association, and more