Thomas A. Edison High School
Thomas A. Edison High School offers students a wide range of courses and extracurricular activities to keep their minds and bodies active. Edison has a number of advanced placement courses, as well as Junior Officer Reserve Training Corps (JROTC) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) programs, among others.
Edison's campus is also home to the Edison Academy, one of six facilities in the Fairfax County Public School System that offer specialized, career-focused courses.
- Fax: 703-924-8097
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:25am - 2:15pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,729
- Male-to-female ratio: 53:47
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 153
- Grade levels: Ninth - twelfth
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, Business & Management, Chemistry, English, Environmental Systems, Film Studies, French, Geography, History, Latin, Math, Physics, Theatre Arts, Visual Arts
- Extracurricular activities available: Band Groups, Choral Groups, Debate, Drama Groups, Forensics, Human Rights and Awareness, Key Club, Literary Magazine (Erudite), Newspaper, Orchestra Groups, People to People, Student Advisory Council, Student Government Association, Yearbook
- Student clubs: Academic Team, Anime Club, Chess Club, Color Guard, Environmental Club, French Club, Hispanic Leadership Club, Latin Dance Team, Math Club, Model UN Club, Muslim Student Association, Science Club, Spanish Club, Young Democrats, Young Republicans
- Sports teams: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swim & Dive, Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball, Wrestling